Monday, 28 August 2017

Swimming and Dogwalking on a Bank Holiday Monday

The final bank holiday of 2017 before its year end is right here, with the weather actually being hot and nice for it, it was time to do something different. This was how the idea came about to tak rosie swimming and I went as well. There was no vlog for this since another one might happen soon. But enjoy anyway.

The Morning to prepare: 

Lets be honest, bank holidays usually don't have me waking up earlier than usual and this was no exception, the alarm went off at my usual time, I was ok considering i Didn't sleep until 1:30 after buying bus tickets for pics and helping someone out with that, romance has to be built with doing favours for each other :). But after fapping, I was up by 9:15 and got the internet checked, Kinguin replied to my application and also charging up the action camera while reading on how to upgrade the firmware while having a toilet. But by 10:20, we were on our way to doublewaters again. The sun was shining, the sky clear with little clouds to block out the heat and the green grass as we started walking.

The moors before walking down

The walk down:

As me and mum walked down, Rosie playing ball and hiding them often, it was interesting to chat to her about plans in the next couple of weeks and just some reminders since me and Rosie by ourselves for 2 weeks will be interesting, since she hates me for the most part at home but outside shes ok. The hills were fresh with ferns and the heat was not blazing but it was normal august supposed to be weather, before the zigzag, a 4x4  passed us so the lead was on her then took Rosie off it and she carried on walking, with hopes to play ball. 

Where the 2 rivers meet

We then were passing to the bridge, a friend of mums started chatting to us, Rosie barked to nag us to move on and then we shortly did. Rosie was near the river and she was excited about it, drinking from the clear water this time compared to other places we had been recently. But shortly after, that we had made it down the 2 hills to the swimming spot in 34 minutes.

The walk

The River

The wet swim. 

We all got laid out on the gravel, well more unpacked on the gravel, with the mat resting and the training lead attached to her ball which the was time for her to play ball and get her nice n wet for a good cool down. She was diving her nose in, the ball was sadly sinking which makes it a bit harder to get her to grab it , but he Action Cam had died just at this point, which was around the time I got changed, to swim. 

Rosie in the Water

I went in the river and m legs did feel the chill and then slowly walked further in, feeling the cold, the D was feeling it, the thighs were and well it was adjusting to the climate for me mainly.

In the Water

Then mall ball games for a while which was nice, Rosie started to shiver partway through. But she didn't really seem to worry except barking at the ball not being thrown. But before we had lunch, I decided to put her lead on and get her to paddle a little bit, she did but it was a bit worrying for her, she tried to run back and then wanted to play more ball again. But it was soon time for me to change then lunch

More in the water shots

Rosie trying to paddle

Selfie attempt in the waterproof case

A post shared by Mattie LT Marker (@omracerfaps) on

A relaxing lunch:

Once I had changed, which actually was getting towards 12pm. It was a nice bit of snack for lunch, whih changing was at the right time since 2 people with three dogs has passed us by. The lunch was a tuna crisps sandwich, It was nice and the tuna is a mix of pasta in a tomato sauce. The bread roll was soft and not filling soft but fresh soft.

The lunch

Rosie was being barky with wanting my crisps but not mums, then she wanted some of her biscuits then it was time to play ball for one more time before we made our way up the hill. 

A post shared by Mattie LT Marker (@omracerfaps) on

Me and Rosie

The views

Are tranquil

But rocky

The way back:

By 12:33, we decided to make ourway back,with Rosie enjoying the balls,I dried up my legs and put my socks on then it was the walk back up. The heat was hotter and the journey back was not as long as we were guessing but it was more people around which knew we did this at the right time. 
As we were getting to the top of the first hill, another 4x4 drove past us and then we noticed a sign tht said "Josh's Party" which must of been the way we just come back from. By that time it was only 15 minutes. Then it was time to play ball for the last bit of the hill. 

The Ferns on the hill

Then it was getting up this hill, Rosie was herding the ball off the track since it was getting hot for her, then another 4x4 was passing us, by then we had rosie on the lead sicne it was the top of the hill and near the car. Which it was 28 minutes when we arrived back to the car. 


Rosie didn't want a drink so we got in the car and then drove of to lidl which we were going to pick up some bits for a BBQ but things were missing so we got some bits for home.  But then once we were home, it was nice to sunbathe and catch up with typing this up.

That makes this august a interesting one full of change and new times, new chatter and new ways of working. Also with starting a business, time feels shorter but I have new videos planned soon. For now, have a rest.